Wednesday, August 3, 2011

The First Meal in my New Kitchen

Recently I moved to a smaller place with a smaller kitchen much to my disappointment, but I do not see this as a problem as much as I do a challenge. I will have to learn to adapt to this small kitchen and learn how to make it my own.

Yesterday, I was perusing the internet while I was at work and remembered that I had some steak filets in the freezer and I should thaw them out and make them. So I looked up recipes on www.food.com, a place where I find a lot of inspiration, and I found a recipe for Balsamic and Goat Cheese Filet Mignon. I decided to make some bacon wrapped corn on the cob too. Sounded good, but I couldn't wait to get home and get in my kitchen and start going to work.

It was absolutely delicious! I changed it up a bit, instead of using salt and pepper I used a cajun seasoning, but it was fantastic! The flavors were sweet, spicy and a little salty. The flavors kept your taste buds on their toes, ready and willing for the next bite! The bacon wrapped corn on the cob was tender, moist and flavorful. Most of all, it was super easy.

Below is the link to the recipe for the Balsamic and Goat Cheese Filet Mignon:
http://www.food.com/recipe/balsamic-and-goat-cheese-filet-mignon-360159?scaleto=4&mode=null&st=true

Bacon Wrapped Corn on the Cob

4     Ears of Corn
8     Slices of Bacon
Kitchen String

Directions:
Soak ears of corn in water for 30 minutes.
Peel back husks of corn and remove corn silk
Wrap two pieces of bacon around the ear of corn
Put the corn husks back around the ear of corn and tie with kitchen string

You can either grill or cook in the oven at 425 degrees for 40 minutes.

After this you'll have AMAZING corn on the cob ready to enjoy with any meal!

No comments:

Post a Comment